Copper plunger tips
Copper plunger tips are made out of special copper alloys and are used to shoot the fluid aluminium or magnesium into the moulds of horizontal die casting machines. Copper plunger tips can be made out of several copper qualities like CoCoBe, CuCoNiBe and CuNiCrSi.
Copper plunger tips are made out of copper as it has many advantages compaired to plunger tips made out of cast iron.
- extra ordinary adjustable
- low consumption of lubricant
- improved cooling due to high temeperature conductivity enabling high working cycle rates
- long life of plunger tip
- long life of casting chamber
- increase of casting capacity
- reduction of casting costs
Copper plunger tips can be made according a sample or according customer production drawings.